This event has already taken place.
Fireside Chat: ESG and Stewardship in the 21st Century
1 October 2020 @ 15:00 - 16:30 *
* South African Standard Time, UTC + 2:00
Reformulating social imaginary from one of despair to one of hope during a time of multiple crises.
Key areas of discussion
* From 1933 to 1944 U.S. President Franklin D. Rosevelt delivered Fireside chats - a Series of radio broadcasts - The chats are said to have been influential in reformulating the American social imaginary from one of despair to one of hope during a time of multiple crises, including the Great Depression and World War II. Fireside chats reinforced the importance of broadcast media and the use of common, everyday language when addressing the American people.
- The role of the board of directors in relation to ESG and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Stewardship in the 21st Century
- Envisaging good governance in the next 5 - 10 years
Videos and Presentations
The videos and presentations are available on the Community Portal
. Click here
for a guide on how to join the community.
Participant profiles are detailed below: