Jayne is the Partner in charge of PwC South Africa’s Sustainability and Climate Change department, where she focuses on developing and delivering services in the areas of:
• sustainable development strategy, framework, practices, reporting and assurance
• Sustainable Development Goals
• integrated reporting and management
• social and environment impact and outcomes measurement
• safety, health and environment risk, performance and compliance and
• climate change risk and resilience
Jayne is a Chartered Accountant by profession but has been working in the broad areas of corporate governance, sustainable development and climate change since 2002. During this time, she has worked across a variety of industries including mining, oil and gas, banking, insurance, telecommunications, technology, construction, real estate and state-owned entities.
As part of her work she has also written various “thought leadership” articles for publication in the press, presented at numerous conferences, is co-author of The Company Director’s Handbook published and contributed a chapter to SAICA’s Green II. She was also a member of the IOD Sustainable Development Forum, the Integrated Reporting Committee of South Africa (IRCSA) Working Group and the National Business Initiative’s Advisory Committee on Environment and Sustainability. Currently she is a board member of the IRCSA and a member of the King sub-committee on climate change.